The Water Quality Committee is involved in the following activities:
- Periodically sampling and
analyzing water from Great and Little Herring Pond for key biological
components (e.g. phosphorus, nitrogen, acidity, oxygen, e-coli) in
cooperation with the Town of Plymouth.
- Studying storm water runoff into Great Herring Pond.
- Monitoring water flow from Little Herring Pond into Great Herring Pond and from Great Herring Pond into the Cape Cod Canal, in cooperation with the state.
- Collecting baseline information on watershed bird life.
- Working with other Association committees to set priorities for public education needed for reversing the downward trend of pond health.
- Working to secure grant monies to improve pond and watershed health.